Check it out...a 100% edible easter basket!
I made this cake with a marshmallow fondant recipe (click here for the tute).
The actual cake recipe is A-MAZING! It's a Butter Pound Cake...basically tastes like cake sauteed in a pound of butter. Here she is...
Butter Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream *(easier to frost with half the cream)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Introduce the flour, one cup at a time while adding cream a little at a time until all flour and cream is mixed in well.
- Add the vanilla and lemon flavoring and blend well. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1-1/2 hours or until center springs back from small amount of pressure. Immediately turn out on cake rack to cool.