For this project, you will need:
-1 tie (Thrift Store: $2 )
-Embellishment for middle of your flower ( 12/$2 )
-Hot glue gun for embellishment, or sewing machine
-6 or more inches of elastic
1. Cut the skinny part of the tie for your headband. I cut about 16 inches.
2. Fold over the edge where you cut the tie and attach two elastic bands about 3 or more inches. You'll have to check to see how it fits on your head. Pin your elastic band to the edge.
3. Using your sewing machine or hand stitching, attach the elastic bands to your tie.
4. Cut open the largest part of the tie and spread it out.
5. Place a bowl or something about that size on the tie to trace a circle for your flower. Cut out the circle. (It doesn't have the be perfect).
6. Sew about 1/8 - 1/4 inch from the edge of the circle making stitches about 1/2 inch long. Sew all the way around.
7. Start pulling the thread along the way to bunch up the material.
8. Once you've sewn all the way around, pull the thread tight and tie it off so you have a flower that looks something like this.
9. I sewed my little jewel on the middle of my flower and to the tie headband. You can also hot glue your embellishment onto the flower and headband.
THAT'S IT! you're