This would make a great teen craft, (or an adult one if you're like me:).
What you will need:
-assortment of buttons (I used 24), same size $1.50 for like a billion/walmart
-Industrial strength thread, or some sort of jewelery string
1. Cut 2 strings to about 15 inches and thread through a button like so...
2. Each additional button should face the opposite direction as the previous button.
3. Push the buttons together as you go.
4. Your bracelet should look layered like this.
5. When you finish, create a loop at one end to hook over the last button on the other end. (Or you could use any sort of jewelery latch to finish it off).
6. VOILA! It's kinda fun...I think I like it :)