Thursday, May 12, 2011

Sweet and Spicy Italian Pizza

Ok, I totally made up this pizza recipe and it turned out SUPER YUMMY!


Pizza Crust Recipe

2T. cornmeal
2 1/2 c. flour
1 pkg. yeast 
1t. salt
1 c. very warm water
2 T. liquid shortening (I just used canola oil)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle large cookie sheet with cornmeal. Pour water into large mixing bowl. Sprinkle yeast over water; let sit for 5 minutes, then stir until smooth. Stir in shortening, 1 cup flour, and salt. Mix until almost smooth. Gradually add in the rest of the flour to make firm dough. Cover; let rest 15 minutes. Press into prepared pan. Prick dough with fork all over:

Here's the best part: Adding delicious toppings...

sweet italian sausage, salami slices, crumbled bacon, onion slices, olives, whole garlic cloves (roasted in a pan on the stove first). Use alfredo sauce with a hint of cayenne and chili powder if you'd like the spiciness. Sprinkle entire pizza with shredded mozzarella cheese.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks (and sounds) SO delicious!!!
    Crysta
    Homemaker in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'd like to invite you to post it on Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage. The link will be up all week, I hope you can join in. Have a nice week, Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so delicious!! I am your new follower! I will definitely be trying some of your recipes.. :) Also if you want to check out my blog it is For-The-Love-Of.blogspot.com I am new to this, but I am excited to share recipes, crafts, and make-up. If you would want to follow also that would be wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails