Monday, September 26, 2011

Homemade Sun-Dried Tomatoes

So hear me out. Sun-dried tomatoes at the store are SO EXPENSIVE! I have never bought them on my dollar because of it. Recently, I learned how to make them on my own, using free-energy (my car). Check it out.



What you will need:
-Roma tomatoes (they are the meatiest and have less juices and gooey stuff)
-A cookie sheet with four sides
-A car (or oven, but that's not free energy)



1. First of all, clean your tomatoes and dry them off. Then, slice them into thin wedges, discarding the squishy insides and seeds, and leaving only the meaty flesh. Place the tomatoes on your cookie sheet.


 3. Put your cookie sheet in your car on a warm day where your tomatoes can get lots of sunshine! This process may take up to two days depending on how warm it is outside. Or, if you'd like to finish it over night in the oven, just turn your oven to the lowest possible setting, but you might wanna watch it. I think an ideal temperature would be close to what the inside car temp is. Maybe the 120-130s.

 3. I like to store my sundried tomatoes in olive oil in the fridge. They will keep for months that way.


Make something YUMMY!
I made this yummy sun-dried tomato and chicken alfredo pasta!

9 comments:

  1. What a great tip! I always dry mine in a food dehydrator but this way would be perfect for people who don't own one! Never thought of this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting idea! Did it happen to stink up the car at all, because that would be a dealbreaker...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It actually makes the car smell DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy! New follower here. I hope you will follow me back. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a coworker who was doing a
    little homework on this. And he actually bought me breakfast simply because I found it
    for him... lol. So let me reword this....
    Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the time to talk about this issue here on your site.


    My page :: High Shock Sensor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right away I am going away to do my breakfast, once having my breakfast coming again to read other
    news.

    my homepage: orange county full service Catering

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is not my first time to visit this site, i am
    browsing this web page dailly and take fastidious information from here all the time.


    Take a look at my blog :: non-deposit lender

    ReplyDelete
  8. This piece of writing is genuinely a pleasant one it helps new web visitors, who are wishing for blogging.


    my web blog Small Business Administration Loan Programs

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails