Thursday, September 1, 2011

Newspaper Nails

I have been dying to do this ever since I saw it on someone's Pinterest! After I did it, I totally wanted to redo it, because you kinda have to do it one time to get the hang of it. So I KNEW I could do it better the next time. But I have two very small children who barely allow me to get ready in the one shot is all get :)

What you will need:
~Light or bright color of nail polish (I chose Vintage Blue from Avon)
~Clear polish
~Rubbing alcohol (or I've heard other types also work :)
~Ten pieces of cut out newspaper with print

1. Cut out ten one by one inch pieces of newspaper. Make sure they have print on them :)

2. Paint your nails and allow them to dry fully.

3. Dip your newspaper clips in alcohol and press onto each nail for about 15 seconds holding very still.

4. Paint a coat of clear overtop to preserve the print. (Put a lot on your nail brush or it will smear the ink. I learned that the hard way).


  1. Awesome! I'll definitely be trying this myself. :)

  2. These are so adorable! I'd love to have you come link this up at my "Weekend wow me" Party going on all weekend!

  3. Nice! Also wanted to let you know that you are mentioned in my Saturday Party Blog. Thanks for hooking me up with MoldMuse! Have a great weekend!

  4. That is AWESOME!! I can NOT wait to try this. And that color blue ROCKS!!

  5. LOVE it! Going to try...right now! :)

  6. Just wanted to let you know I linked to you from me LDS-YW blog. What a fun idea!



Related Posts with Thumbnails