Thursday, September 1, 2011

Newspaper Nails


I have been dying to do this ever since I saw it on someone's Pinterest! After I did it, I totally wanted to redo it, because you kinda have to do it one time to get the hang of it. So I KNEW I could do it better the next time. But I have two very small children who barely allow me to get ready in the morning...so one shot is all get :)

What you will need:
~Light or bright color of nail polish (I chose Vintage Blue from Avon)
~Clear polish
~Rubbing alcohol (or I've heard other types also work :)
~Bowl
~Ten pieces of cut out newspaper with print



1. Cut out ten one by one inch pieces of newspaper. Make sure they have print on them :)


2. Paint your nails and allow them to dry fully.



3. Dip your newspaper clips in alcohol and press onto each nail for about 15 seconds holding very still.



4. Paint a coat of clear overtop to preserve the print. (Put a lot on your nail brush or it will smear the ink. I learned that the hard way).


9 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'll definitely be trying this myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so adorable! I'd love to have you come link this up at my "Weekend wow me" Party going on all weekend!

    http://quiltedeuphoria.blogspot.com/2011/09/weekend-wow-me-party-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Also wanted to let you know that you are mentioned in my Saturday Party Blog. Thanks for hooking me up with MoldMuse! Have a great weekend!

    http://glosews.blogspot.com/p/byob-saturdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is AWESOME!! I can NOT wait to try this. And that color blue ROCKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it! Going to try...right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to let you know I linked to you from me LDS-YW blog. What a fun idea!
    http://lds-yw.blogspot.com/2011/09/newspaper-fingernails.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails