Monday, November 28, 2011

DIY Napkin Rings

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! I made a craft that actually benefited our ginormous feast!

I have heard of people making their own napkin rings from a paper towel roll. I decided to adapt the idea a bit since paper towel rolls aren't very sturdy. For my napkin rings, I used the roll from my empty saran wrap. It's much tougher, but harder to cut.

 

I glued some scrapbook paper onto the rings and made some paper flowers that a cute lady from my ward taught me how to make. (Thanks Michelle)! I Mod Podged everything (including the flowers) since it's basically a given they'll be spilled on in our house!


  I am totally in love with these flowers! They're so easy to make, they're just circles!




My dad did a little craft of his own! Check out this bread basket that he used as our centerpiece!

3 comments:

  1. Again, I will ask for a day to cook with your dad. I'll be a good student and take notes. We can start with lesson 1: salsa. Get back to me. I'm serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your napkin rings. I made some of my own for Christmas with green felt and Poinsettas. They turned out great thanks to your hint of using the roll form my foil!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails