Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bride and Groom Strawberries

Yesterday was my three year anniversary of marriage so I one thing we did to celebrate was this...

I made little bride and groom dipped strawberries! The brides didn't turn out very well on most of the peices so I ended up just putting some more milk chocolate on them in zig zags. It's harder than it looks! but I learned something...
Add a small scoop of shortening to make the chocolate a little thinner. It looks less bulky and more smooth when they're finished.



I got to use my new three tiered dessert stand from CSN.com stores and I loved it! One thing that surprised me was that I thought it was glass, but it's actually made of acrylic. It's actually a good thing since things seem to get broken around here. Another thing I love about it is that the peices are each separate so you can display them however you wish. I chose the neat stacked look mostly because I didn't have enough strawberries to fill each tier up. Thanks CSN, it's a great peice!

4 comments:

  1. what a yummy treat! i love the stand as well! you have such a cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are sooo cute! How creative! Thanks for sharing your great idea with us at Anything Related!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are too cute and I bet they taste good. What more can one ask!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what talent you have!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails