Friday, March 25, 2011

Tissue Paper Rose Pomander: Tutorial

Pomanders (or "kissing ball", as they are sometimes called) can add a unique decorative touch to any living space. The great part is, they are fairly inexpensive to make!





What you will need:
-styrofoam ball ($3--or $1.50 with your craft store's half off coupon!)
-about five sheets of tissue paper
-hot glue gun
-scissors
-optional: embellishments, e.g. pearls


*I started to spray paint my styrofoam ball white...you don't need to do this...it won't come out white.*

1. Cut a strip of tissue paper about 2-3 inches wide. (I chose to make varying sizes of roses so you can cut the 2-3 inch wide paper in half width-wise to do this). 

2. Fold 2-3 times length wise. 

3. Begin to roll that folded piece of paper between your fingers as you also roll it into a spiral. You can hot glue the rows together at this point if you wish. 

3. Hot glue the surface of your styrofoam ball and place the tissue rose on the ball.



 It will start to look like this...
And you can add little embellishments like I did with the pearls if you choose.







6 comments:

  1. So pretty and the pearls are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I've seen variations of this, but this does make it look very simple! Nice n' clear directions too. Now if only I had a foam ball and some more tissue paper! Looks like a trip to the dollar store is in order...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! So many possibilities here! I'm looking for inexpensive Easter/Spring decor ideas and this is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Pomader is lovely. I have never seen one of these before and it is on my list also like the pearls.
    Thank you for tutorial. Deirdre

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails