Sunday, July 24, 2011

Disney Car's Party

My son Jack turned two on Saturday and his favorite thing in the whole world is basically anything that has to do with the movie Car's. So we threw him a Car's party! He LOVED it! Here are some of the things we did...

I made this little cardboard Lightning McQueen for this kids to sit in and they just loved it. So much in fact, that it was torn to pieces by the end of the party!

Flo's V8 Cafe
Cars cupcakes with all the main characters. For the toppers, I just printed out pictures of the cars and glued them to some red cardstock and outlined them with red glitter.

My son's Car's toys made for awesome decor!

 I used these Car's lunch bags for their little loot bags. I got them at the dollar store!

Fillmore's Organic Fuel (aka Kool-Aid)


 Luigi's Leaning Tower of Tire's

 The Mater Cake. 
I wasn't thrilled with how it turned out. But I have to keep telling myself, I layed the fondant (tutorial) on the cake and did all it's decorating in thirty minutes (a mad dash right before the party).

Ramone's House of Body Art
The kid's all picked a car and colored. Some of the little kids just colored on ALL of the cars :).


Tow Mater's Fishing
The kids fished for things like tires, gas cans, and Lightening McQueen. It was just a pencil with a paperclip at the end and they fished pieces of paper with magnets on the back.

 Tractor Tipping
The kids really enjoyed this. I taped little itsy bitsy tractor images onto the white side of our dominoes and the kids stacked them next to each other and then knocked em over!
 What a BLAST!

7 comments:

  1. great job! Now I want some doughnuts....haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I LOVE the tower of tires and the Mater cake! Tutorial please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All very creative! Love the Filmore organic fuel and tower of tires. Great idea for 'tractor tipping' too... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!

    BTW I'm hosting a 12 FAT quarter Fabric Giveaway. Come by and check it out when you get a chance :)

    Q @ http://www.jaqsstudio.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked your Mater cake, and I bet all the kids loved it, lol. Awesome party with original ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great job! Love Fillmore's Organic Fuel...so many great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up at Bacon Time, looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails