Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Earring Week: Pearl Strand Earrings





These earrings were simple to make once I figured out exactly how I wanted them to turn out.

Here is what you will need:
8- Fake pearls (I took them from a necklace I don't wear), $.95 (for a TONS)
4" Sheer Ribbon, $.99/2'
Earring Posts (with loops to attach, see pic below) , $1.79/48
Earring Backs, $1.79. 48
Jewelery Wire, $2.99
Hot Glue Gun, Hot Glue, on hand

1. First, I started by threading the wire through the hole in the earring post, then I folded it in half. I strung five of the pearl beads up the two pieces of wire.

2. Then, I folded my 1.5 inch ribbon twice to make my flower more fluffy looking. I made the flower the same way I made the flower earrings in the last tutorial. (Click here to see how).

3. Next, I took one pearl bead and sewed in onto the middle of my ribbon flower.

4. Then, I glued on one pearl on the the earring post.

5. Last, trim the remaining wire from your earrings except for 1/3", and glue that to the back of your ribbon flower!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails