Our awesome friends Quincy and Jessica taught us how to do this! This is a REALLY fun hobby to get into, but it does take some practice. I am still kinda bad with fondant but it's still way fun!
What you'll need:
-C&H Powdered Sugar
-16 oz mini marshmallows
-several mixing bowls and spoons
1. First, pour your 16 oz of marshmallows in a large mixing bowl with about 1 TBSP of water. Melt in the microwave for 30 seconds 4X stirring after each time.
2. Your mallows should look like this...nice and smooth!
3. If you want to use more than one color of fondant, at this point, separate some of the marshmallow into bowls and put food or icing coloring into each bowl.
4. These are some examples of coloring you can use. For darker, more brilliant colors, use icing coloring from Wilton.
5. Start mixing powdered sugar into each batch of marshmallows. Add about a TBSP of cornstarch to each color (if you separate them into thirds).
6. Knead fondant until it is like a stiff dough. Rub a bit of crisco on the fondant so it doesn't dry out.
7. Spray Pam on your working surface to roll out the fondant.
COVER YOUR CAKE!