Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Necklace Holder

Here is a simple tutorial on how to make a necklace holder. Very useful if your necklace are sitting in a tupperware container getting tangled (like mine!).

 What you will need:
- Peice of wood
-nails
-spraypaint for nails
-paint for wood
-ribbon
-coordinating buttons or flat bead
-hot glue

PS This project cost me a grand total of $3! Most of the stuff I just had on hand!

1. Sand your wood edges and paint the wood. I used acrylic paint and then added a coat of spray lacquer. Spray paint the nails holding the pointy side (since that part won't be seen).

 2. After your wood dries, hot glue your ribbon to the back of your board.

3. Nail your nails in and spaced evenly apart. Hot glue your buttons or beads to the top of each nail.





15 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Do you think decorative furniture nails would work too? How big is your piece of wood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!! I spent a bunch of money on something like that before I realized how "crafty and handy" I was!! LOL.. im following your blog, love all the tutorials. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE! I made one last week! I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cute I need to create something to hold the contents of my tangled necklace drawer.

    www.theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would be super convenient! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we need to try some of these at the center. See you Tuesday. Terri Smith

      Delete
  6. Love it, and the little witch hats yesterday, too. You always have such good ideas! <3 Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this and will be making soon! Thanks so much for the idea!
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute and easy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just used a scrap piece of wood from my garage it's like 3 inches wide and one inch thick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the size info Nicholette. You guys always have such great ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great idea.Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was totally inspired by this! I will be featuring it tomorrow along with the ones I made:]
    thanks for the tutorial!
    Amanda
    thepaisleycupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome! i love this. my necklaces are ALWAYS getting tangled. I wanted to learn how to do this. thanks for the tutorials.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails