Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fabulous Friends Wednesday - Jamie from C.R.A.F.T.

Hey there friends, welcome to another FABULOUS FRIENDS WEDNESDAY!   I am thrilled to welcome Jamie from C.R.A.F.T.  She has the most awesome blog!  Her ideas are wonderful you need to check it out! Jamie is sharing with us today the craft that started it all!  Craft #1!  I'm so excited to share it with you.  Thanks for sharing your talents Jamie!

Hi everyone! I'm Jamie @ C.R.A.F.T.[C.R.A.F.T. stands for: creating really awesome free things ]

I am so excited to be guest blogging today @ Craft Envy for Fabulous Friends Wednesday! I am lovin' the flower headbands in their Etsy store!


I am going to share my very first C.R.A.F.T. post today :) 

C.R.A.F.T. #1: Recycled Canvas Art





Materials: Old Canvas, Acrylic Paint, one brush, wall decals (IKEA has great ones)
1: Paint entire canvas a solid brown and let dry...I used an old canvas that I had painted for my college apartment. So, I simply repainted the entire canvas brown... most canvases, in my opinion, can be painted over many, many times. 

2: Squirt a few blobs of gold, beige, orange, and black and blend using the same brush :) [I even let my boyfriend help me blend the paint] This can be a family project.  I was not going for perfection or precision... Let your inner artist come out and play! You have to blend while the paint is wet. If you mess up, just repaint your base color and try again! No big deal!

3: The green branches are wall decals from IKEA. I think the package cost about $10.00. So hang up the canvas and stick on the decals. 

Simple enough right :)
Happy Wednesday Everyone! Please come check out C.R.A.F.T. for more more fun things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails