Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Fabulous Friends Wednesday - Summer from Sumo's Sweet Stuff

Hello friends, and welcome to another FABULOUS FRIENDS WEDNESDAY!!! We are thrilled and honored to welcome Summer from Sumo's Sweet Stuff!  She has the cutest, greatest ideas, you need to stop by and check them out!  Thanks for sharing your talents Summer!






Hello Craft Envy readers!

I'm so excited to be guest posting over here today.

I'm Sumo, from Sumo's Sweet Stuff!



Sumo's Sweet Stuff

My real name is Summer, but my husband nicknamed me Sumo when we were dating. (Should I be offended?) Now he's got all of my family, as well as lots of our friends, calling me Sumo. I think Aunt Sumo sounds pretty great, don't you? I live in Utah with my husband, my beautiful 19 month old daughter, and my equally beautiful one month old!

Growing up, I never used to be all that domestic or crafty, so I think no one is more surprised than my mom at how I've ended up where I am today! I started Sumo's Sweet Stuff last May as a place to keep some of my crafting projects so that my personal blog wasn't overrun with them. Somehow, that developed into a place to host giveaways, share tutorials, share recipes, and feature fellow bloggers' ideas and blogs! I also use my blog to promote my etsy shop, so if you're ever in the market for some baby girl accessories, come on over! Every Monday is Market Yourself Monday, where you can link up your latest projects, and visit other blogs to get some inspiration!
Sumo Sweet Stuff


Here's a little peek at some of the things you can find on my blog:
















But let's get down to business now! Here is my fun tutorial for you - I hope you like it!
I saw these kinds of headbands in a local fabric store a week or so ago, and just knew I could make them myself! They are super easy, and super cute! What a great combo!

What you need:

- fabric
- interfacing
- elastic
- sewing machine/accessories
- bling!


I started off by making a template of how I wanted the headband to be. These are for my one month old, so I measured her head. Depending on who yours are for, you'll need to adjust accordingly. I made two templates because I knew I was going to layer two kinds of fabric.

Cut out your fabric using the template(s).


I wanted my edges messy, so I frayed them a bit.


Next you'll want to cut a piece of interfacing a bit smaller than your template and iron it on to the wrong side of your fabric.


Now, for my first headband, I sewed on the smaller piece to the top of the bigger piece first. When I had to go sew on the bottom of the headband, also a bigger piece, it was tricky to do so without sewing down the edges of my smaller piece. I'd recommend sewing your bigger pieces together first!


When you do sew your big pieces together, make sure that you are adding in your elastic pieces and sewing them down well. I went over the places where the elastic was a few times.


Next I cut out four circles.

Then I hot glued them into these little v-shapes.


I cut a small circle of felt, and glued the v-shapes around it. Of course, you'll want to add some bling! (You can of course put any type of flower on to the headband, or just leave it plain if you like!)


Then I hot glued it onto the headband.


Done!

Now put them on the cutest little girls you can find, and you've got yourself some new accessories!



Here are a few other ones that I have made so far.

Thanks to Nicholette and Vanessa for having me today! Hope to see some of you over at my Sumo's Sweet Stuff!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails