Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stencil Monogrammed Book Shelf

I got this little kid's bookshelf thing from my mom, who got it for free from some lady! I thought it definitely needed something....and I was so excited about this when I finished it! I didn't know if it would turn out but really, it turned out way better than I expected! This was a way inexpensive form of creating a monogram.





What you will need:
-Printout on cardstock of your letter
-Acrylic paint
-brush
-xacto knife

1. First, you need to clean your surface really well so that it can be ready for paint.


2. Print out a letter of your choice in any font and print it out. Using your Xacto knife, cut around the edges of the letter to create a stencil (my letter had a shadow behind it for some reason, just ignore it).



3. Start painting with acrylic paint until you have the letter filled in. Take the stencil off and do some touch-ups!


Easy and inexpensive monogram, gotta love it.






post signature

10 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the tutorials that don't require special gadgets that so many people don't have!

    Thanks for linking at Lucky Star Lane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same little cubby in my son's room. I really love the idea of adding something to thw top - maybe his name? It's always been so plain! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy Peasy - a cute idea to add that little something! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Thanks for sharing with Anything Related!
    ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monograms make things seem so custom :) Love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great addition! Love free stuff.

    Thanks for linking up with What are little boys made of?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! I love monograms.

    Thank you for participating in the Creative Therapy session at Life in the Pitts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monograms make everything look cuter!! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. good job! i'm really into monograms and numbers right now. seems like i'm putting them on all my projects :) thanks for linking up to my saturday soiree!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love anything monogrammed - it looks great. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired last week.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails