Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Singed Flowers

I have been dying to make these since I first saw the instructions at Mrs. Priss! So this is my version of how to do it! I made mine from an old polyester shirt that had a broken zipper. Yea for recycling, reusing, and re-purposing!




 What you will need: 
-Lightweight polyester-type fabric
-Pearls
-matches
-scissors
-needle and thread 

(I had all of these things on had, so for me, this craft was FREE!)


1. The first step is going to be to cut out several circles of varying sizes. They don't have to be perfect, in fact, I think it makes the fabric look more like flowers if they're a little less circle-like:)

2. Carefully burn the edges of the fabric just enough to singe the edges and slightly curl the edges.


3. Next, layer the fabric pieces from largest to smallest and sew together with the embellishments in the center.


You can either attach a hair clip to your flowers or a head band. (I made this headband with the fabric from the edge of the shirt and some elastic).

THERE YOU HAVE IT!



post signature

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE doing these! They are so pretty. I found that if you burn the edges using a candle instead of a match or lighter, it is SO much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUST QT, I USE A CANDLE TO OR MY HUBBY TO HOLD THE CANDLE, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also use a candle and have you tired this on organza fabric yet? That's my fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep wanting to try this and every time I see a new project I wonder why I haven't. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. through this block I have learned to be so many things I hope you continue updating it to keep learning more and more my favorites are the flowers

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails