Wednesday, June 30, 2010

LOVE Block

I went to a wedding yesterday and made this to give to the wonderful bride and groom!...



I made this craft for two reasons:

- I found this old hunk of wood
- I wanted to give my friends some advice




 I chose a few words that I think are VERY important things two people need to keep a marriage strong.  Instead of putting them into a card where it will get tossed and quickly forgotten, I crafted something with them!
 


What you will need:

-black acrylic paint and brush
-sand paper
-white cardstock
-print outs of words, monograms, and pictures




1.  I simply took my piece of junk wood and painted it with acrylic black paint.
2. Distressed the edges.
3. Glued on some cardstock with a black and white collaged and some of my "advice words"  to the wood.
4. Sprayed clear lacquer.


Nicholette

8 comments:

  1. i love that! that is a perfect gift for an apartment dweller too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love I want to make one for my self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Love it! Unique wedding gifts are the best. :)

    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Great gift idea. I have a few weddings coming up at the end of the summer and something like this would be perfect. Visiting from Frugalicious Fridays. ~MakazHome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea - makes it harder for them to ignore your advice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Love" this idea Ü What a cute centerpiece this would make at a wedding. Such a sweet and thoughtful gift idea as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, how many people find a block of wood, want to give some advice, and come up with *this*??? You are so creative. I bet they love it. Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this. I think that those words were great choices. I really want to make one of these for my boyfriend; however, I have no idea where I could find a big hunk of wood like that. Hm....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails