Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fabulous Friends Wednesday: Bayberry Creek Crafter

Welcome to another Fabulous Friends Wednesday!
We have Rachel here from Bayberry Creek Crafter!
 
Hi there Craft Envy readers! I am just so excited to be doing a Blog Swap with Vanessa and Nicholette. They are very inspirational and I love all their wonderful ideas.

I'm Rachel, the crafter over at Bayberry Creek Crafter. I am a working wife and love all that comes with both. Some day when I grow up I want to be a mom. Although it is doubtful I will ever grow up, so I'll take the mom role as soon as I can. Other than crafts I really love spending time with my family, baking and cooking, my husband and I are big movie buffs and I love to read!

Vanessa and Nicholette posted one of my recycled ideas from their Saturday Spotlight. Here is another idea on recycling food containers. I love to recycle containers. There are so many uses for a Pringles container here is just one.



I had a lot of fun making these!

What you need:
-Pringles Can
-Printed paper
-Coordinating solid paper
-2 colors of ribbon (3/8" & 5/8")
-Embellishment (flower, bow, etc.)
-Printed or stamped tag
-Hole punch
-Scizzors & paper cutter
-Adhesive


Clean out your Pringles can. I used the spray dust remover to get the crumbs out and a wet paper towel with a little soap.

Measure your printed paper and solid paper by wrapping it around the can to see where you want to cut it. Mark it & cut it. Then glue it to the can. At the seem where the 2 papers meet glue ribbon (either 3/8" or 5/8").

Glue embellishment and tag close to the ribbon, making sure the paper seem down length of the can is in the back.

Using hole punch, punch 2 holes on top making sure they will be on the sides when the can is facing front. Using 5/8" ribbon insert one end in hole, wait to cut it, and tie a knot on the inside of the can. You may have to tie it twice to make it large enough so it doesn't come out. Now cut the ribbon leaving about 3 inches or slack. This will make it easier to tie the other side.

Now for the final touches. Glue 3/8" ribbon around the edge of the lid. Cut the printed paper in a circle cutter. I have a circle cutter than I use but if you don't you can use the lid as a template. Glue that to the top of the lid.

Tada! Now you have a cute canister for cookies or anyother treat.




I gave this one to a friend for her birthday.



These other 2 I gave to the women I visit teach.
I really like the felt flower on this one. I used a template from Craft Gossip.


I really like the colors of this one. It is very bayberry creek Crafter colors :)
I am not in love with the bow I did and if I did it over I would make it smaller.


** Make sure when you make your cookies you make them the right size to fit in the canister**


Stay tuned to my blog tomorrow I will be posting a recipe for some amazing cookies that can go in your canister.

Thanks again Vanessa and Nicholette!
~Rachel~

3 comments:

  1. These are so fun! I have a bit of a hoarding problem when it comes to containers, so I'm sure I have all the supplies ready to make one of these! I'm diggin' your new blog header, too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I love it!!! I'll have to go buy some pringles now =P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails