Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Crocheted Headband

This is a simple and quick project that would make an awesome gift! This head band was made for a baby so it's quite a bit smaller but it's the same idea.

What you will need: 

- 2 colors of yarn ($2.50/ea)
-crochet needle (on hand)
- faux pearl $1.99/strand

I learned how to make the flower from a blog called The Art of Crochet by Teresa. She has you tube tutorials for her projects, so go ahead and check that out if you want to make this kind of flower. It's called a Slinky Flower. 

1. For the band, create a crochet chain. Measure it to the size of head you are fitting it to. Mine was about 50 links. 

2. Then, link the two ends together. 

3. Make four (or more) rows of single crochet stitches. 

4. Attach your flower and pearl!

 


post signature

3 comments:

  1. I can crochet a blanket and that's about it, but I think I can do this!!! ;) Can't wait to give it a try.... maybe tonight!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I may just take up crocheting now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so trendy and inexpensive, I'm going to try this thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails