Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pirate Clock Craft

Here's another craft for the lil' boys! I really want to decorate my little Jack's room with a pirate theme and this is one of my first projects to add to it!
 
Here is what you will need:
-clock with removable face ($2 @ thrift store)
-Print-out of picture--pirate swords
-1 peice white 12x12 paper
-print-outs of numbers
-screwdriver
-glue

1. This is the clock I used. The image and numbers are just a sheet of cardstock.
 

2. Turn the clock over and remove the screws to get to the inside of the clock.

  
 
3.  Take out the cardboard image with the numbers and everything...JUST RIP IT OUT! You are going to glue in a totally new one!

4. Next, steep some sort of brown tea bag in hot water. Then squeeze it out just a little and rub it all over your 12x12 white sheet of paper.
  
It should turn out something like this...
5. Place it somewhere to dry. When it is dry, it may be a bit lumpy so pile some heavy books on it to flatten it out. 

6. Cut out your numbers into squarish shapes and burn the edges.  


 7. Glue on all of your images and put the clock back together!



post signature

13 comments:

  1. Have you seen the Disney Rooms pamphlets at Home Depot? They have a Pirates of the Caribbean one that you might like.
    http://disney.go.com/disneyhome/pirates/paint.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, that turned out awesome! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that clock...for me. Is that wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great idea! my boy has a pirate themed room, so it is just so perfect for him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, great idea! This is so cute, and little boys will go crazy for it!

    Thank you for linking up to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I'm a new follower from Friday Follow! Hope to see you around my blog sometime! :)
    Oh and by the way I love your site and your niche, its really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found this link party, and I thought you might want to link this project up to it. It's for boy-inspired crafts!

    http://733blog.blogspot.com/2010/03/what-are-little-boys-made-of-weekly_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a fun idea! My son went through a pirate phase when he was younger and he would have LOVED this!

    Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for another great project and for sneeking into Craft Schooling Sunday at the last minute! Hope to see you again this week!
    all the best, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to let you know I featured your project this week at My Backyard Eden.

    http://mybackyardeden.blogspot.com/2010/03/make-it-yours-highlights_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never saw this clock until now! This is too cute. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails