Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Flower Shirt

It's starting to get warm in our neck of the woods so I decided to do a celebration of spring craft! I took an old long sleeve shirt (the sleeves were too short anyway!) and I made it into this fun springy shirt!



1. Cut the sleeves of to a length that is comfortable to you. Remember, the sleeves will look a lot shorter than they are when the shirt is actually on you.



2. Take each sleeve and cut along the seam (or seams) mine only had one. Open up the material and lay it out flat. This will be what you will use for your flowers!



3. I used a spool of ribbon to measure my flower circles and I found that to work great. Cut out as many circles as you possibly can from the sleeves ( I was able to get sixteen).



4. Begin sewing 1/2 inch stitches around the circles staying fairly close to the edges.



5. Pull the thread to cinch it up and tie a few knots to ensure it won't fall apart in the wash.



6. Attach your flowers with applique glue and then stitch them in place.



20 comments:

  1. I love this shirt so much! Can I borrow it? :) I know, I know... I should go make my own. Great job! (Vanessa)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there...just stopping by from Friday Follow!! I'm your newest and cutest follower! :)

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    p.s. that's sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Stopping by to say Hi and Happy Follow Friday! Now following you!
    I have a whole bunch of giveaways going on if you wanted to check them out!

    Visit Mama’s Money Savers

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome. You always have such great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an adorable t-shirt! I really love it. Thanks for linking to Favorite Things Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute shirt! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that shirt, I have a couple I'm going to try it on! Thanks for the idea!
    http://veskebylindsay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this idea. I'm 6 months pregnant and now that we're coming into spring I'm going to fancy up a few of my long sleeve shirts to make them into cute spring/summer tops so I don't need to buy yet another seasons worth of shirts I won't wear next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with this top! Thanks for the easy to follow tutorial :) Did you hem the sleeves after you cut them or just leave them loose?

    -Katie
    moremisadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grate, wonderful, I want to try this yoyo t-shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. bayıldım bu yoyolora bende deneyecegim:))

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this in the store over 20 bucks easy. It would be easy to take your own shirt and do this no cost at all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love shirt rev ups!!

    I'd love if you linked this project and any more to my link party

    Socialize with me Monday til Sunday!
    http://simpsonizedcraftsandthensome.blogspot.com/2010/05/socialize-with-me-monday-til-sunday.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty top. I love all the little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute is that T?! I think I have to make one, too! Thanks : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a terrific idea! How perfect for summer.

    Thank you for participating in the Creative Therapy session over at Life in the Pitts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, this is just a super creative idea! I would have never thought of it - it looks great. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired last week.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  18. very innovative...the top looks awesome..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails