It's starting to get warm in our neck of the woods so I decided to do a celebration of spring craft! I took an old long sleeve shirt (the sleeves were too short anyway!) and I made it into this fun springy shirt!
1. Cut the sleeves of to a length that is comfortable to you. Remember, the sleeves will look a lot shorter than they are when the shirt is actually on you.
2. Take each sleeve and cut along the seam (or seams) mine only had one. Open up the material and lay it out flat. This will be what you will use for your flowers!
3. I used a spool of ribbon to measure my flower circles and I found that to work great. Cut out as many circles as you possibly can from the sleeves ( I was able to get sixteen).
4. Begin sewing 1/2 inch stitches around the circles staying fairly close to the edges.
5. Pull the thread to cinch it up and tie a few knots to ensure it won't fall apart in the wash.
6. Attach your flowers with applique glue and then stitch them in place.