Thursday, March 18, 2010

Granny to Gorgeous Shoe Craft!

I recently got a bunch of cheap flats from Walmart in a discount bin for a buck! The pair I am featuring today looked like grandma's curtains to me...but felt like they had potential.  So I added just a little something that I thought made a world of difference!...

From this...

 To this...

 What do you think? Maybe they're still kinda weird but I REALLY like 'em!

I didn't take pictures along the way like I should have. BUT! I can tell you what I did, it's very simple.

*Remember the ribbon earrings back during Earring Week? It's the same idea except for you do about twice the amount of ribbon in length to get it all bunched up.*

1. Run a thread through the side of about 14" of 1-1.5" thick ribbon.

2. Pull the thread so the ribbon is all scrunched together.

3. Sew on your flats!






post signature

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is a perfect idea! I just bought a pair of black heals that had a damaged top (50% off)I am going to do this with a nice pop of color! Thanks! If I post a blog about it I will link it back to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very cute... I kinda like the yellow! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you inspired me... and I don't waste time. Check out my blog! I linked it back here :)

    http://madelynnnng.blogspot.com/2010/03/50-off-to-100-hott.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft On Thursday at Life As Lori... Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails