It must unofficially be shoe week! But the best crafts are ones you can wear! I have another shoe refashion for ya! So you'll never guess what I covered these shoes in...
Inside out basketball shorts! I used the inside because the outside had sort of horizontal lines in the fabric. I figured that would look terrible if I didn't have the fabric layed out perfectly over the shoes.
Here's what I used:
-One pair of $1 flats from Walmart (it was a lucky day)
-Pair of black basketball shorts ( I didn't really like the length)
-Hot glue gun
-Ribbon from the $1 bin at Michael's
Needle and Thread
1. First I cut off the little bow that was on top to get the top surface as flush as possible.
2. I cut the largest possible peices from the shorts (should be four separate pieces if you go around the seams).
....and remember to be a good mom and keep an eye on your kids...
3. Lay the fabric over the shoe and cut a similar shape to your shoe leaving some room for error.
4. Start glueing with super glue. I started at the top of the shoe because I wanted to make these little pleats on the top. I don't know if that's the best place to start or not, but that's what I did!
5. For the pleats, I just scrunched three little folds together and super-glued in between the folds.
6. Once you have glued all the fabric around the outside edges of your shoes, you can cut a slit on the inside of the shoe. Hot glue the fabric on a small part of the inside of your shoes all the way around.
7. I did a ribbon flower and sewed it over the tip of my pleats.